Family Movie Collaboration is a review series made for the SamAttack4427TheThomasFan1 channel on YouTube created by Ackley Attack TV in association with SamTheThomasFan1 Productions. In this review show, we follow Ben Ackley reviewing family movies both current and nostalgic, but not too nostalgic. Also, many different YouTubers are welcome to do crossovers with the guy on many different family movies. The show was released on September 2, 2013 and it has become an Ackley Attack TV show over one year after the first episode was released.
- 1 Episodes
- 2 Cast
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Background Information
- 5 Production Information
- 6 Errors
- 7 Continuity
- 8 Allusions
- 9 Awards
- 10 See Also
- 11 Related Articles
- 12 Contact Information
Main Article: Family Movie Collaboration/Episodes
- Ben Ackley as Himself
- Sam Tindal, Jon McDowell and Nicholas Krauss - 2014 Razzie Awards Nominations
- Cheyenne Klein - Cinderella (2015) Review
- Sam Tindal - Blue Mountain Mystery Review
- On January 26, 2013, it is announced that a review show is in works for SamAttack4427TheThomasFan1 Productions' official YouTube channel that will be focused on family movies, both current and nostalgic. Then, one day later, on January 27, the official logo was released onto facebook under the title, "Family Movie Collaboration." The show is mentioned during the first casting call video for Season 2 of "Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427" on March 30, 2013.
- This is the first show created by Ackleyattack4427 himself on the SamAttack4427TheThomasFan1 channel. The series before it, "Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427" was created by only SamTheThomasFan1.
- Development on the first 4 episodes lasted almost the entire spring with filming done on August 30, 2013. After 3 days after filming was completed, the first 4 episodes were edited out during the month of September with the first episode released onto YouTube on September 2, 2013.
- On September 23, 2014, it is announced on Ackley Attack TV's facebook page that it has officially become an official Ackley Attack TV show.
- Since the seventh episode's release on March 22, 2014, the show went on a one-year hiatus and there were talks about the show to come back, but no ideas were thought up at that. Until in April of 2015, it was announced that is officially coming back on May 2nd with a review on the first trailer for the new Marvel movie, "Ant-Man." Filming for the review lasted on April 25th both at the creator's home and at the DeWitt Community Library at the Shoppingtown Mall in DeWitt, NY.
- On April 1st, 2016, it was reported that the lost review on "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2" got hit with a copyright claim by Sony Pictures causing it to be blocked worldwide. That day, Ben gave Sony a call saying that they abused the DMCA and explained to them that since it is a review on a movie, it's protected under Fair Use as well as Satire-Parody Clause. He hasn't received word back from Sony about an apology from them, but as of now, he has sent a dispute hoping that the claim will be removed and his review will be back online. This issue happened during the time the "Where's the Fair Use?" online campaign is still going on to convince the US Government to update the Fair Use and to put an end to major Hollywood studios sending false claims to videos that are protected under Fair Use.
- This may be the first time this happened to a "Family Movie Collaboration" episode, this wasn't the first time this happened since the SamAttack4427TheThomasFan1 Productions YouTube channel, as on March 27, 2015, outside of FMC, it was reported that Episode 13 of "Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427," "Breakvan" was hit with the same claim by HIT Entertainment causing it to be blocked worldwide. They try to send a dispute to the company but was ultimately rejected afterward. Then, on May 6, 2015, 4 days after the review on the trailer for Marvel's Ant-Man was posted, it was reported that the claim was officially removed and was put back online.
- On September 21st, 2017, it was reported that the "Flushed Away" review got hit with a copyright claim by DreamWorks Animation causing it to be blocked worldwide, similar to what happen last time when Sony hit the show on their film, "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2." Ben tried to get in contact with them to remove the claim, but got no word from them. Then, 4 days later, on September 25th, an appeal has been filed to remove the claim and a few hours later, the claim was removed and the review was back online.
To see the controversy going on with "Family Movie Collaboration," click on the link below:
Main Article: Family Movie Collaboration/Controversy
- Since it was first released, "Family Movie Collaboration" has received mixed to positive comments from so many users on YouTube. Almost a lot of them stated that it is spectacular and pretty well-edited. They even stated that the comedy is pretty well put-together as well. Among the rest giving negative comments saying that the show completely ripped-off the Nostalgia Critic and not being able to come up with any original idea whatsoever.
- YouTube-September 2, 2013
- YouTube-September 2, 2013
- "Retro-tography," serving as a counterpart series to "Family Movie Collaboration."
- "Ask Fluttershy Plushie," the show's official spin-off centering around Fluttershy Plushie answering questions.
- "TV Movie Smackdown," the show's 2nd official spin-off centering around Cheyenne Klein (CastaMelody) reviewing made-for-television movies in the similar concept as FMC.
- Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures
- Ackleyattack4427's Adventures of Phineas and Ferb
- Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427
- Odd-tastic: The Musical
- Dover Valley Railroad Stories, The Musical
- The Who's Tommy: The Broadway Revival