The original version of "Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures" was announced in Late-2008 and began principal photography during the Summer of 2009, and after three years of development hell, it was released onto YouTube and met with mixed to negative comments when it was officially released.
Because of the negative reception of the original series, it was announced from December of 2014 to April of 2015 that a revamped version of "Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures" is currently in the works with one of Ben's friends, Daniel Temple (DLTBerkshire Productions), the creator of "Sodor Pony Railway Adventures" serving as an additional writer. Robert Gotch (HuskyFan41) was originally supposed to be an additional writer as well, but due to Ben not having any contact with him anymore and due to him being inactive on YouTube, it was later announced that he would be stepping down as additional writer. However, on March 2nd, 2018, it was announced that Robert is officially brought back as additional writer of the series.
- Thomas Helps Out
- James' Unlucky Day
- Percy & The Haunted Scrapyard
- Thomas and April Fools Day
- Duck vs. S.C.Ruffey
- Thomas & The Fireman
- Robot Henry
- Thomas, Percy, and the Troublesome Trucks
- Edward and Emily
- Thomas & The Mystery Engine
- Thomas, Stanley, and the Special Celebration
- TOMY Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures AKA shortyandcoalmine and Ackleyattack4427 Crossover
- Thomas Helps Out/Transcript
- James' Unlucky Day/Transcript
- Percy & The Haunted Scrapyard/Transcript
- Thomas and April Fools Day/Transcript
- Duck vs. S.C. Ruffey/Transcript
- Thomas & The Fireman/Transcript
- Robot Henry/Transcript
- Thomas, Percy, and the Troublesome Trucks/Transcript
- Edward and Emily/Transcript
- Thomas & The Mystery Engine/Transcript
- Ackleyattack4427 as Thomas, Edward, Gordon, Duck, Oliver, Toad, Kevin, Diesel 10, Troublesome Trucks, Murdoch, Bertie, Bulgy, Bill + Ben, Cranky, Harold, Flying Scotsman, Jimmy, Jack + The Pack, Den and Peter Sam
- Danielthetankengine as Henry, Troublesome Trucks, Captain, The Visitors, Duncan, Rusty, Mighty Mac, Bash + Dash and Mr. Percival
- SamTheThomasFan1 as James, Jeremy the Plane and Sir Handel
- ThePercyfan06 as Percy
- thomasedsfan as Toby
- ThomastheE2engine as Donald + Douglas
- TheThomaslover1990 as Hiro
- Mambisdpambis as Victor
- TheSodorSteamworks as Spencer and Rocky
- trainboy54 (thenewtrainboy54) as Jack, The Yard Manager and Emily
- StarbugProductions as Sir Topham Hatt
- ????????? as Lady Hatt
- ScruffyEngine as Stanley
- PrettyRosie1995 (rosiethepinkangel) as Rosie
- ????????? as Molly
- Sodoradventures as Arthur
- shortyandcoalmine as Hank, Fred, Whiff, Boco, Terence, Neville, Splatter + Dodge and Hector
- topotoonoon as Billy
- ????????? as Mavis
- ????????? as Victoria
- cybermurph04 as Harvey, Salty, and The Spiteful Breakvan
- ????????? as Annie + Clarabel
- Thomasandfriendfan01 as Charlie
- ThompsOnline3 as Ferdinard
- ????????? as The Manager
- ????????? as Dart
- RingoandCarlin as Bulstrode and The Diesel Class 40
- 321ACTION1000 as Caroline
- ????????? as Flora
- ????????? as The Duke + Dutchess of Boxford
- ????????? as Daisy
- ????????? as Old Slow Coach
- ????????? as STH's Grandchildren
- ????????? as Henrietta
- ????????? as Belle
- ????????? as Flynn
- ????????? as Skarloey
- ????????? as Rheneas
- Gmarlore as Duke
- ????????? as Bertram
- ????????? as Madge
- hawkfan2300 as Fearless Freddie
- ????????? as Proteus
- ????????? as Luke
- The series was in-development around Summer 2007, originally suppose to be an unofficial fan-made Thomas movie entitled, "Thomas and the Lost Temple of Sodor," but however, back when series creator, Ben Ackley first started his original YouTube channel back in 2008, he officially decided on ditching the fan-made movie all-together and decided to make his own fan-made Thomas series on YouTube after being inspired by another Thomas series, "T&F," created by former Thomas Community member and current voice actor and musician in the Brony community, William Grubb, also known as DaWillstanator, formerly known as Missoliverandblossom.
- Pre-Production on the series began as late as Summer of 2008, several months before signing up onto YouTube, where Ben and his dad, made his own layout table for his Thomas videos. The very first video where Ben used the table for anything Thomas related is his entry for Leokimvideo's Mad Bomber Contest back in May of 2009, in which he won 1st Honorable Mention in it. It was stated that Ben didn't prepare a script for it, but his method for it was him doing all the voices himself while he's filming on camera, while for the expressions for the engines would be done on paper and stuck onto the engines with scotch tape.
- Production on the series began back in Summer of 2009 with the method Ben tried, (As decided back in Pre-Production) with the original version of the series scheduled to be released around Late-2009 to Early-2010. Production on the first episode last throughout the entire Summer of 2009, and it was originally officially scheduled for November of 2009 but was sadly delayed because of YouTube's original time limit of about 10 minutes. (Note: This was before YouTube extended the time-limit to about 15 minutes, before officially announcing that users are welcomed to put up videos longer than 15 minutes.)
- After Production on the first episode officially wrapped, Post-Production officially began with Ben originally using Windows Movie Maker, (Before officially transferring to Adobe Premiere Elements 9 in April of 2011) with the series scheduled to be released around November of 2009. But, it was delayed because of YouTube's originally time-limit. Then, it was furthered announced that it was suppose to come out around Late-2010, but again, was delayed. Then, it was officially announced that Ben will officially be releasing the series around Late-2011 to Early-2012, but with not only officially getting voice actors involved in it, but rather than re-shooting the episode entirely, Ben decided to use the originally footage he filmed, but using his voice actors that they recorded tying them to the footage he filmed, resulting in part of the series be criticized for it's terrible ADR (Audible Dialogue Replacement) work.
- On December 9, 2014, it is announced in an update video by the show's creator, Ackleyattack4427, will be doing a revamped version of the original series. No other information has been given towards it. But on April Fools Day, 2015, he announced in another update video he posted that he will be accepting an additional writer for the revamped version for the series and stated that he will be posting another video where he will be accepting additional writer right at the moment. Then, on August 30th, 2015, it was announced that Robert Gotch (HuskyFan41) will be the show's additional writer for the revamped version. Then, on June 7th, 2016, the very first teaser trailer hits onto YouTube, and audiences' reactions were very positive. Then, on June 16th, 2016, it was announced on social media that development on the reboot as officially begun. Then, on September 1st, 2016, it was reported that Ben is currently eyeing on Daniel Temple (DLTBerkshire Productions), the creator of "Sodor Pony Railway Adventures," on joining Robert Gotch in additional writing for the reboot. However, on January 30th, 2017, it was reported that due to Robert not replying to Ben about his progress on additional writing for the first few episodes of the reboot, he has stepped down from his job on the series. Ben stated that until the whole problem is resolved, he will announce a new additional writer to take his place. Then, over a year later, on March 2nd, 2018, it was announced that Robert is now officially brought back to the project as additional writer.
- Pre-Production on the reboot began in May of 2017, with people sending in their lines for the first episode of the show. Although there's more work left to do with additional writing on the other episodes, the first episode is ready to go and will soon be the start of production as it approaches sometime later in the year.
- The original version of "Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures" received a mixed to negative reception for when it was first released onto YouTube. When it was first released back in January of 2012, critical reception by other YouTubers were mixed at best with people unsure whether or not it's gonna be the next big thing. However, during the YouTube War on the show's creator back in July of 2012 til February of 2013, the show has now received negative comments by other YouTubers until the original "Ackleyattack4427" channel was reportedly terminated by YouTube back on January 18, 2013. On December 9, 2014, the show's creator stated in an update video that he posted that it wasn't exactly good as he remembered and thus, a revamp version of the series has been announced.
- YouTube-January 16, 2012
- YouTube-January 16, 2012
- In Thomas Helps Out, 9 clips are slanted to an angle.
- The camera shakes a little bit in the first five episodes.
- Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends-This show follows it closely to Seasons 1-7 to the Thomas TV show.
Main Article: Bachmann Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures
- On April 13, 2014, it is reported on Ackley Attack TV's facebook page that a spin-off series of "Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures" has been announced. It will be centering around the Thomas & Friends models made by Bachmann and Hornby that the show's creator, Ben Ackley has been wanting to put in his videos for a long time since his Birthday Video to former member of Ackley Attack TV, Tanner Asadorian and Ackley Attack TV's 3rd Anniversary on YouTube Special.
- On April 17, 2014, 4 days later after the spin-off's announcement, it was posted on both the show's facebook page and Ackley Attack TV's facebook page that the logo for the spin-off has been revealed under the title, "Bachmann Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures."