Thomas and the Magic Railroad (T'AWS&A Version) (Stylized as Thomas and the Magic Railroad (Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427 Version)) is an upcoming movie based on the television show, "Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends" created by Britt Allcroft, The Railway Series by The Rev. W. Awdry and the internet series, "Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427," created by Sam Tindal, serving it as the show's first movie.
The film is co-produced by SamTheThomasFan1 Films (A company owned by SamTheThomasFan1 Productions) and distributed by Ackley Attack Pictures. The film is written and produced by Sam Tindal, with Ben Ackley on additional writing and serving as Co-Director.
When Diesel 10 is causing trouble on the Island of Sodor and Mr. Conductor runs out of gold dust, it's up to Thomas, Ackleyattack4427 and SamTheThomasFan1 to solve the mystery and return the magic back to Sodor. Will they succeed? Find out in the all-new movie from Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427, "Thomas and the Magic Railroad (T'AWS&A Version)".
- 1 Movie Summary
- 2 Songs
- 3 Transcript
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Background Information
- 6 Production Information
- 7 Continuity
- 8 Allusions
- 9 Cast
- 10 Awards
- 11 Related Articles
- 12 Contact Information
For a full transcript of Thomas and the Magic Railroad (T'AWS&A Version), click here.
- During the launch of SamAttack4427TheThomasFan1 Productions on YouTube in May of 2012, it is announced that their version of "Thomas and the Magic Railroad" is in the works.
- Development on the film began in late 2012 with Sam Tindal writing the script and Ben Ackley on additional writing, then the script is finally completed in July of 2013.
- On September 22, 2014, it is reported that filming will begin during the process of Season 3 of the show and will be set to be released around Summer of 2015.
- On October 10, 2014, it is announced that the movie will have Ben and Sam's engine counterparts rather than their human forms for the movie.
- On May 10, 2015, it is announced that progress on the movie will begin after The Top 10 Complete Muck-Ups from Thomas' Adventures with SamTheThomasFan1 & Ackleyattack4427 is completed with the movie pushed back for a new release date to either Fall of 2015 or Late-2015 to Early 2016.
- On June 25th, 2015, it was reported will not be posted onto YouTube, but instead will be posted onto a different video website while the film will be given a digital download release on a file sharing website.
- On August 18th, 2015, following up to the announcement on the digital download release of the movie coming up, it is announced that alongside the movie, a Zip file version of the movie will also be released, including bonus materials such as a Behind the Scenes Featurette on the making of the movie, Bloopers & Outtakes, the music video to the song, "Thomas Is Gone," a special audio commentary by series creator and movie's producer and director, Sam Tindal and co-director and Creative Consultant/Executive Producer of the show, Ben Ackley, a special "Family Movie Collaboration" review on the movie and both trailers for the film.
- On January 5th, 2016, it was announced that a post-credits scene for the film is currently in the works with almost all of the show's guest stars being featured in it. There's currently no plans so far, but they are getting everything set up for it.
- Then, just over a month later, on February 6th, 2016, it was announced that the post-credits scene has completed development and it's revealed that most of the show's guest stars will be in it. Those being, Jon McDowell (trainboy54), Cheyenne Klein (aikojonas3), Robert Gotch (HuskyFan41), Nicholas Krauss (TVNicholasKrauss), David Hodgin (dcolemanh), Samuel Beals (RTB Productions), Kylon Yardley (trackmasterkid5) and making her debut in the show, Sam Tindal's girlfriend, Freya Jones.
- Then, on November 10, 2016, it was reported that Freya will no longer be in the post-credits scene for the movie. So, it was announced that Daniel Temple (DLTBerkshire Productions), the creator of "Sodor Pony Railway Adventures" will be taking her place making his debut in the show. Then, 8 days later, on November 18, 2016, it was announced that Robert Gotch has also left of the scene for the movie because he wants to get his life back together, so it was announced that Alex Dere (RailPony) will take his place.
- Then on September 11, 2017, exactly 1 year and 8 months after the post-credits scene was announced, it was announced that everyone has finally sent in their lines and it's ready to go once the movie finally start production.
- On March 24th, 2020, Production on the movie began with Ben Ackley working on the artwork/animation for him and Sam Tindal as Thomas characters. It would finally mark this day that work on the movie began since 2017 after all of the actors for the Post-Credits Scene for the movie. The artwork/animation production for the movie was then completed almost 1 month later on April 19th, 2020.
- All of the work Ben did on the artwork for the movie was done during the time of the COVID-19 Pandemic with some productions in the film industry being impacted by this by shutting down for several months, while other projects such as animated projects resulted in several people working on them working from home.
- Following up to it, Audio Production on the movie began on April 22nd, 2020 with Ben Ackley officially recording his lines for the film, leaving only Sam Tindal to record his lines as well as for the song, "Thomas is Gone" that'll be featured for the movie.
- On September 16th, 2018, the teaser trailer for the movie was officially released by Trainboy55 Productions.
- In March 24, 2019, The VHS Trailer for the movie was released by Trainboy55 which is featured a human villain called P.T. Boomer played by Doug Lonnux (Which Diesel 10 is the secondary villain of this movie), he was cut due the test audience thought him too scary for young children. His story, back when he and Burnett were young men from long ago, He was very angry, because he doesn't want to believe or understand about magic and jealous of Tasha (Burnett's late wife) loved Burnett and he wrecked Lady for revenge. He later returns to the Indian Valley for his thrist revenge on Burnett Stone to rid of Lady once and for all.
- In May 17th 2019, Trainboy55 made an official trailer #1.
- In 4th of July 2019, Trainboy55 made a second official trailer.
- In April 23, 2020, Trainboy55 made a final official trailer for the movie
- Thomas and the Magic Railroad - This movie is based off on the first ever Thomas the Tank Engine movie back in July of 2000.
- Alce Baldwin as Mr. Conductor
- Peter Fonda as Burrent Stone
- Mara Wilson as Lily
- Ben Ackley as Himself
- Sam Tindal as Himself
- Michael E. Rodgers as C. Junior
- Cody McMains as Patch
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Russell Means as Billy Twofeathers
- Lori Hallier as Lily's Mother
- Doug Lennox as P.T. Boomer (Dropped & appears in unedited shots)
- Laura Bower as Young Tasha (Voiceover)
- Jon McDowell as Himself (Post-Credits Scene)
- Cheyenne Klein as Herself (Post-Credits Scene)
- Alex Dere as Himself (Post-Credits Scene)
- Nicholas Krauss as Himself (Post-Credits Scene)
- David Hodgin as Himself (Post-Credits Scene)
- Samuel Beals as Himself (Post-Credits Scene)
- Kylon Yardley as Himself (Post-Credits Scene)
- Daniel Temple as Himself (Post-Credits Scene; Debut)
- Edward Glen as Thomas
- Linda Ballantyne as Percy
- Neil Crone as Gordon, Diesel 10 and Splatter
- Kevin Frank as Henry, Bertie, Harold and Dodge
- Susan Roman as James
- Colm Feore as Toby
- Shelley Elizabeth Skinner as Annie and Clarabel
- Britt Allcroft as Lady
- Thomas & Friends: Island of Sodor Adventures
- The Disney Channel Geek
- The Wonderful World of Theodore Tugboat
- Odd-tastic: The Musical
- Dover Valley Railroad Stories, The Musical
- The Who's Tommy: The Broadway Revival